What is Cutera Excel V?
Cutera Excel V laser system is a new and advanced laser technology designed for the treatment of vascular & pigmented lesions and other signs of aging. This solid-state laser system utilizes two proven wavelengths (532 nm and 1064 nm) to address a wide array of skin conditions. Cutera Excel V can be customized according to the cosmetic or medical needs of the patient, allowing practitioners to provide precise, safe, and effective skin rejuvenation treatments with no downtime.
How does Cutera Excel V Work?
The ultimate goal of Cutera Excel V laser treatment is to induce “microinjuries” or controlled damage to the affected blood vessels in order to stimulate the body’s natural regeneration process. To accomplish this, Cutera Excel V administers a unique high power green laser that targets areas of abnormal or damaged blood vessels. The laser then generates controlled heat that destroys the abnormal blood vessels until they are removed. In addition to this therapeutic effect, Cutera Excel V’s laser energy stimulates collagen remodeling and skin cell renewal. This ultimately results in improved skin tone and texture.
What Conditions can Cutera Excel V Treat?
Cutera Excel V is considered as the “gold standard” in treating common vascular and pigmented lesions such as the following:
- Benign skin lesions
- Broken blood vessels and capillaries (telangiectasias)
- Cherry angiomas (red moles)
- Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra (small, black marks)
- Keratoses (elevated pigmented spots)
- Leg veins
- Lentigines (brown skin patches)
- Port wine stains
- Spider veins
- Sun spots
How many Cutera Excel V Treatments are Required to see Results?
The number of treatment sessions will greatly depend on several factors such as the size, thickness & color of the patient’s lesion, area to be treated, and desired cosmetic or medical goals. In general, most patients report dramatic results after 2 to 3 treatments.
Is it Painless?
The treatment is absolutely painless because Cutera Excel V’s handpiece delivers cool air into the area, reducing any discomforts. This allows patients to feel relax and cooperative during the entire procedure.
What makes Cutera Excel V so Effective?
The following unique features make Cutera Excel V stand out among other laser platforms:
- Adjustable Spot Size: Allows precise treatment of both superficial and deeper skin problems.
- Superior Contact Cooling: Cutera Excel V’s handpiece has a sapphire cooling window that provides continuous cooling before, during and after each laser pulse, thus increasing patient comfort and safety.
- Broad Range of Treatment Options: It has more than 20 unique indications and is compatible for all skin types and colors.
- High Performance: The combination of dual wavelengths allows faster, precise, and more efficient clearing of vascular and pigmented lesions.
|Wavelength||532 nm||1064 nm||1064 nm|
|Fluence Range||1.8-42 J/cm2||2-300 J/cm2||4-7 J/cm2|
|Pulse Duration||1.5-40 ms||5-60 ms||0.3 ms|
|Repetition Rate||2 - 12 Hz||0-2 Hz||0-10 Hz|
|Spot-size||10 Spot Options (2-12 mm)||8 mm|
|Cooling||Contact Sapphire, Adjustable 5-20°C|
|Console Dimensions||16” W x 35” H x 24” D|
|Console Weight||185 lbs|
|Console Electrical||110-120 VAC, 20A|
Cutera Excel V comes with 2 innovative handpieces, allowing practitioners to treat a variety of cosmetic concerns:
- CoolView™: This handpiece has the capacity to deliver both the 532 and 1064 nm wavelengths.
- Genesis V™: Allows practitioners to perform Cutera’s signature laser genesis procedure, which is indicated for wrinkles, redness, and other visible signs of skin aging.
|Dimensions||30 × 35 × 48 in|