Zimmer Cryo 5
What is Zimmer Cryo 5?
Cryotherapy, also known as cold therapy or cryogenic therapy, involves the use of low or near-freezing temperatures in order to treat inflammation, swelling, pain, and tissue lesions. By exposing the treatment area to very low temperatures, it promotes muscle and tissue recovery. In general, cryotherapy is carried out using ice or gel packs, or staying inside a “cryochamber” for several minutes. Zimmer Cryo 5 eliminates the need for these messy and uncomfortable methods by blowing cold air (-30 °C) via a hose and nozzles at the target area. This in turn produces accurate and even distribution of cooling in the area.
How Does Zimmer Cryo 5 Work?
The Zimmer Cryo 5 emits a burst of cold air in the target area. By doing so, the body responds by activating the natural anti-inflammatory process and boosting the levels of the happy hormone known as endorphins. This in turn activates pain relief mechanisms and promotes recovery of tissues.
What are the Indications for Zimmer Cryo 5?
The Zimmer Cryo 5 is designed to minimize pain and discomfort associated with various laser treatments. It’s a safe and effective alternative to local anesthetics such as gels, creams, or ice packs.
What are the Contraindications for Zimmer Cryo 5?
The device is not recommended for patients with the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to cold
- Impaired blood circulation
- Impaired sensation
- Open wounds
In addition, Zimmer Cryo 5 must not be used in the presence of explosive gases.
What are the Advantages of Zimmer Cryo 5 over Traditional Cooling Methods?
This innovative cooling system boasts the following unique advantages:
- Continuous Cooling: The system is engineered and crafted to provide continuous cooling (down to -30°C) before, during, and after treatment with no consumables.
- Optional Articulating Arms: It gently and firmly holds the Cryo tube in place, allowing hands-free operation while increasing practitioner’s comfort.
- Simple, User-Friendly Interface: It allows the practitioner to choose from 6 different fan speeds with just a push of a button.
- Easy Maintenance: The device just requires weekly vacuuming of the air filter. No troubleshooting is required because it automatically performs operational component self-maintenance check once turned on.
- Lightweight Treatment Hose: The hose can be easily maneuvered to allow access to hard-to-reach areas.
|Operating Voltage||120V / 60 Hz|
|Thermal-Magnetic Circuit Breaker||12A or 14A|
|Power Input||1.4 kVA|
|Power Input in Stand-by||About 260 W|
|Volume Level||70 dBa max|
|Treatment Temperature||-29°F max. (-35°C)|
|Air Volume||1000 l/min max.|
|Protection Class||Class I, Type B according IEC 601-1|
|Treatment Tube Length||71 inches (180 cm)|
|Housing Dimensions||H 38 inches (970 mm) /
W 13 inches (330 mm) /
L 18 inches (460 mm)
|Dimensions of the Base||W 470 mm / L 510 mm|
|Height with Castors 3 Inches (75 mm)||43 inches (1080 mm)|
|Weight||121 lbs. (55 kg)|
|Storage Conditions||Temperature from -38°F to +158°F
Relative humidity from 10 to 100%
Pressure from 500 hPa to 1060 hPa
|Packaging||The device should only be shipped in the original packaging.|
|Dimensions||30 × 30 × 48 in|